A digital whirlwind of sparky particles.
Each particle is made of 4 triangles, two for the streak body and two for the caps. The triangles are aligned along the motion vector and billboarded on screen space. Particle motion follows a curl of perlin noise. Rendering is finished with some RGB shift, noise and vignette.
Code available on GitHub.
Play with the params:
- scale: changes the size of the particles.
- taper: changes the particles shapes from rectangular to tapered.
- opacity: opacity of the particles.
- dimFar: controls attenuation of color in the distance.
- range: controls how many particles to draw.
- colorise: turn it on to have HSV colours.
- wireframe: turn it on to see how the particle are made.
- spread: how far apart particles are spawned.
- decay: how fast particles die.
- speed: how fast they move through the field.
- persistence: how long the streaks are along the field.
- animate: turn it off to stop the simulation.